I’m pleased to announce that we have just updated our Prenuptial Agreement for Ontario. Specifically, we’ve done the following:
- Made the terms and conditions dealing with the Matrimonial Home more flexible with respect to who owns it and how net proceeds will be divided upon the sale.
- Included an indemnification provision: each party will be responsible for their own debts unless the other party agrees or the Prenuptial Agreement says otherwise. Each party will also promise to indemnify (i.e. pay) the other party for a breach of this section.
- Added an additional witness (although one is required by law, we felt that two would be better than one).
- Updated the DL guide from 26 to 28 pages to reflect these new changes!
Ontario Prenuptial Agreement | Marriage Contract: the Prenup-O-Matic
A Prenuptial Agreement is a domestic agreement between adults who are about to get married and who want to either avoid or create financial obligations that may arise from their cohabiting or eventual marriage. A Marriage Contract is the same thing as a Prenuptial Agreement except the adults are already married.
Our Prenup-O-Matic is like Turbo-Tax for creating an Ontario Prenuptial Agreement or Marriage Contract.
Without a Prenuptial Agreement or Marriage Contract, married spouses may have to battle it out in court to determine their legal rights, entitlements and obligations.
You can start the Prenup-O-Matic wizard by click on the “Get Started” button below:
The Prenup-O-Matic is an online questionnaire that takes users through a series of questions about their relationship to ultimately create a custom-tailored Prenuptial Agreement or Marriage Contract that is based on the laws of Ontario. It asks questions related to:
- The parties
- The children of the parties
- Date of Marriage
- Description of significant financial assets, debts and other liabilities (required for a cohabitation agreement to be valid and enforceable)
- The home (ownership of the home, home expenses, leaving the home, selling the home, etc.)
- When the agreement will terminate
- Estate entitlements
- Alternative dispute resolution (e.g. mediation, arbitration, etc.)
As you can see (or perhaps will see), the Prenup-O-Matic is VERY comprehensive and flexible. Once you’ve completed the online questionnaire, you can proceed to PayPal and then, when you’re done paying, you’ll be able to download your custom-tailored Prenuptial Agreement or Marriage Contract.
And here’s some more value that we bring to the table: you can edit your Prenuptial Agreement or Marriage Contract for a set period of time afterwards for FREE, you can read a comprehensive and regularly updated eBook about Prenuptial Agreements and Marriage Contracts in Ontario (to better understand your legal rights and entitlements and how Prenuptial Agreements and Marriage Contracts work and what they’re all about), and you can read the mandatory signing instructions at the end to make sure that enter into the Prenuptial Agreement or Marriage Contract properly.
And you can do all of these things by yourself with your spouse without the involvement of a lawyer or having to spend thousands of dollars on legal fees.
All of our legal form packages are backed by our 30 day 100% money back guarantee! If for whatever reason you’re not completely satisfied with our legal form, we’ll refund your money no questions asked.