David Mayzel (my partner in DMC Law) and I had a fun time presenting to the 4th year dental students at the University of Toronto on April 27, 2011 at lunchtime. We recorded the presentation and covered many topics that students were very interested in, such as:
- being an independent contractor vs. an employee
- oral agreements (are they legal?)
- restrictive covenants (e.g. non compete, non solicit, etc. and are they legal?)
- challenging restrictive covenants (substantive and procedural deficiencies)
- amending existing contracts (can a dentist do this unilaterally after signing an agreement?)
David and I are always happy to give presentations to dentists and students about a broad range of topics – such as employment law, business law, commercial leasing, and wills and estates planning.
Here’s the first video of our presentation (there are 5 in total):
By the way, if you’re a student or a dentist and you would like to receive a free copy of our ebook “Ontario Dental Law”, just email me and I’ll send it to you.